Business terms and conditions
This agreement sets out the terms upon which Way Moss Ltd. trading
as waymossonline hereinafter called the company deals with individuals
1. The company acts as a Principal and only deals with and through
authorised and permitted persons under the
Financial Services and Market Act 2000 (The Act)
2. The company does not offer any advice nor does it exercise any
judgement on behalf of buyers or sellers.
3. The company shall pay commission to authorised intermediaries
as shown on buying and selling contract notes.
4. The purchase offer will be issued subject to contract and to
verification of all policy details and subject to release of all
earlier assignments and further subject to completion of the prescribed
assignment deed prepared by the Company’s solicitor.
5. For the avoidance of doubt for the purpose of giving effect to
an assignment of a policy the seller agrees to execute all further
documents and assurances as the Company may require in order to
give full force to the assignment.
6. Should the seller of a policy become aware of any event or occurrence
which may result in a policy sold to the Company becoming void or
voidable the seller shall immediately give written notice to the
Company and shall remedy the same within 28 days.
7. The Company does not accept responsibility for the non performance
of any policy purchased from it nor for any adverse or consequence
affecting the purchaser as a result of any transaction but on becoming
aware of any event or occurrence which may render a policy void
or voidable the Company will immediately give notice to the purchaser
and undertake use its best endeavours to assist the buyer in this
8. Subject to the foregoing the Company cannot accept any responsibility
for the policy becoming void or voidable after the sale by the Company.
9. The assumed maturity value of policies offered for sale are calculated
using information on current bonus rates supplied by the issuing
office. These figures are offered for the convenience of purchasers
and are not guaranteed by the Company.
10. Our lawyers will be responsible for the identification procedures
required in connection with the purchase of policies to comply with
the provisions of the European Council Directive 91/308/EEC and
the UK Money Laundering Regulations 1993 and the Guidance notes
for Insurance and Retail Investment Products.